
Hello!.. I am going to give a brief introduction about myself and then continue into my sports history and expectations for the class.
My name is Casey Ross, I am senior graduating with a degree in Event Planning/Tourism. I have completed field work in Oahu, Hawaii and Charleston, SC. I am hoping upon graduation to continue traveling throughout the world and gain knowledge in the event planning industry. I was born and raised in Columbus, Ohio. I have one older sister and wonderful parents.
I grew up like many children experimenting in different sports. I started off at a very early age swimming and taking gymnastics classes. I also tried, basketball, volleyball, soccer, and softball. I continued swimming until I was about 8 when i took a stronger interest in softball. During all of this i was very passionate about gymnastics and was on a competitive gymnastics team. I quit softball for track during middle school I also then took gymnastics into cheerleading. I continued to run track until my sophomore year of high school and stuck with cheerleading until graduation. I considered cheering in college but the passion wasn't strong enough. Although i miss the competition, i am glad i have choose not to participate in the university's cheerleading program.
Now that i mainly just enjoy watching sports, of coarse being from Columbus, I am a huge buckeyes fan. My family tries to go to the national championships yearly. I also really enjoy watching Notre Dame and Cleveland Browns football. Recently my good friend, Nick Moore was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings so i have been keeping up with their stats as well. I also enjoy going to Cleveland Indians games and Chicago Cubs. I have never been to a Cleveland Cavs game, but with the Lebron era thats happening I would love to go to a game this season.
Last semester I took SM 221 with Keith and really enjoyed the class, it feels good to be a woman and be knowledgeable on the history of sports. With this class being based upon gender and sports I am very excited to be able to voice my opinion and know that women can understand sports and have some meaning to it. After being in class about a month I can tell Dr.Spencer has some great articles to discuss and I am already very interested and enjoy discussing during class. I am eager for the rest of the semester.
Hi Casey,
ReplyDeleteSorry it took awhile for me to post a response on your blog. Your introduction is very informative and I can tell you have a rich sports background. I am a fan of most of the sports' teams you mentioned. I especially want to see Lebron play as well! That must have been awesome to do an internship in Oahu. I have only been there once, but it was a wonderful place to visit. It sounds like your career interests will give you many opportunities to travel in the future.
I hope you are still enjoying the class discussions and I look forward to reading more of your blog entries.
Dr. Spencer
Dr. Spencer,
ReplyDeletealthough this comment is months later I am interested where did you go while on Oahu and what did you see? I worked for a military childrens day camp planning field trips and activities so I got to see a lot of cultural aspects and love talkin to others about Hawaii.
It's interesting that you went to Hawaii for some field work for Event Planning/Tourism. One of my buddies from high school is a Marine and is stationed out there in Kailua on the Oahu island. He lives out there with his wife of almost three years now (Dec. '06), who is pregnant with their soon-to-be baby girl. They love it out there and I am sure you enjoyed it out there, as well!
ReplyDelete