The first day of this class I was very intrigued with the class discussions. Still to this day i am very intrigued. I find this class way more psycholocially advanced than I ever imagined. I am going to list a few of my favorite class discussions to reflect on some of the topics that have advanced my knowledge through sports and gender:
-Hegemonic Masculinity
-Homophobia & Sport
-Sex in the Media
-Cool Pose
-Politics & Sport
All of these topics are something I may have had prior knowledge or assumptions on however, after class discussion, articles, and exams I have furthered my knowledge. I want to thank Dr. Spencer for an awesome semester. My only regret is that I did not take other classes with Dr. Spencer prior to graduating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for your kind comments, Casey:-) I am sorry you did not take another class too. I appreciate your sharing about the topics that you found most interesting. I thought your class did an awesome job of discussing these and other topics in class. Best wishes to you in all of your future endeavors!
ReplyDelete